Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bell's Palsey

It's week two of this Bell's Palsey thing and things aren't too bad. I started back to work yesterday after having last week off. I am not tired like I was on the steroids, but face was very fatigued by the end of the day. Luckily the only people who noticed something was off were patients who know me well and I felt comfortable to explain what was going on. My friend Rosanne, that I do trade massage with, gave me a few of her oils to put on everynight before bed and I have been massaging my face and neck a few times a day. My eyebrow moves a little more and it's easier to close that eye. The last 3 days my face feels bruised, but I guess pain is good when compared to numbness. It means the nerves are trying to wake up. The doc was shocked by the progress I've had in such a short time, so it just reaffirms my faith in massage. It really does help alot. Hopefully I can cut my time by half.

No comments: